Challenge: The Boston Globe was launching a new, enhanced loyalty program to replace its then current “Boston Globe Rewards” program.
Objective: A key objective of the launch was to leverage the strongest elements of the current program while adding additional, meaningful benefits.
Solution: A Qualitative Exploratory Study was conducted. This study provided in-depth learning regarding the following key areas:
• What has worked well/not worked well with current program
• What the ideal loyalty program should include; what should the key benefits be?
• Interest in/reactions to a new program prototype and potential new features
• Overall impact of an effective program on loyalty to The Globe overall
• Most effective ways to communicate about the new rewards program to current subscribers
Result: Findings and insights from this study were used as input to develop and launch the optimal Boston Globe Rewards Program.